Highlights of things I am reading, listening to, and watching each week.
September 21st, 2018
Episode: How to Manage Anxiety, Burnout, and Overwhelm
- You need a good, deep reason to do something or you will burn out
- Is what you’re doing still making you happy?
- Create 3-5 Daily anchors.
- Wake up and sleep times that are non-negotiable
- A daily workout (loving your body)
- Make your bed. You spend 1/3 of your life in bed, you deserve a good place to sleep
- Meditation, prayer, quiet time with yourself
- Clean eating. You don’t have to do it every day, but it is proven to make you feel better and live longer.
- Walk outside. Get outdoors multiple times a day to clear your mind.
- Get sunshine. It is like charging up a battery and soaking up energy for your body.
- Connect with a friend. This will give you meaning and purpose.
- Reflect and Celebrate Daily and Weekly
- Think about three things you are extremely grateful for every day for 30 seconds
- Celebrate your week and your hard work every weekend.
- Talk about it and let it out
- Remember, things come and go in seasons, they never last forever
- People would love to be in your position
- Talk through challenges with people you love and trust.
The Three Assumptions
There are three assumptions that we tend to make that are likely the cause of some anxiety and unhappiness at one point in our lives. They are:
- Intolerance of uncertainty: I must be 100% certain
- Perfectionism: I must not make mistakes
- Over Responsibility: I am responsible for everyone’s happiness and safety
“The only thing we know for certain is that the sun will come up tomorrow” (I would argue that we can’t even be certain of that).
A wise man once said, “A cowardly man dies a thousand times, but a courageous man dies once.” “When hijacked by anxiety, we adopt the monkey mindset, which assumes that in order to be safe, we must be certain of all outcomes, we must be perfect, and we must be responsible for others’ feelings and actions.” Leave the monkey mind at home today.
Episode: Flourish in life: Rooted in Favor
- Favor is when God supernaturally works on your behalf and when he releases undeserved goodness in your life.
- Favor is when God uses all that he is, and all that he has, to bless you.
- Stop spending your life trying to get what is already yours, i.e. the favor of God.
May The Lord bless you and keep you, May his face shine upon you. (Meaning God is smiling upon you ALWAYS)